Capacitate: 56 pF/m
Tip cablu: Interconect
Alte caracteristici: material Silver
product category audio video - 75 Ohm
product category interconnect - Unbalanced, Digital
product category video
cable type Coaxial
conductor material: Strands with a thin high purity Matched Crystal OFC core and a thick high purity dense Matched Crystal Silver layer; Screen includes a high purity Matched Crystal Silver ribbon.
design purpose Highest quality level 75 Ohm HF applications, SPDIF digital interconnect and high quality audio applications
eff conductor Core: 0.597 mm² / Core: 19; Screen: 192 + Ag tape
external diameter 7.0 mm.
jacket colors Transparent cobalt blue (Earlier versions: transparent white)
resistance: Core: 2.87 Ohm/100 m.; Screen: 0.770 Ohm/100 m..
characteristic impedance: 75 Ohm insulation
Core: PTFE tape; Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® EHD / 300 Vrms min.
connector types: Our BNC type BNC - 7.0 and our RCA type C - 7.3; The latter two custom mountable on any ordered length.
Regarding its extremely high bandwidth (GHz range) and extremely low attenuation it would certainly apply. However, since the characteristic impedance of our MC - SILVER IT Mk II Coaxial is a very constant 60 Ohms we have always advised against such usage: its impedance mismatch in equipment designed for 75 Ohm signal transport would cause transmission quality degrading signal reflections.
We therefore have decided to introduce our MC - SILVER IT Mk II 75 Ohm:
- This cable is specially adapted to maximum quality 75 Ohm signal transport as found in SPDIF digital audio (CD to DAC) and radio / TV / video (including home theater) applications. However, since the design of this cable only slightly differs from our (now discontinued) MC - SILVER IT Mk II Coaxial and employs the same high grade materials, the MC - SILVER IT Mk II 75 Ohm is equally well suited to be used in high quality audio applications as a single-ended (unbalanced) interlink as our MC - SILVER IT Mk II Coaxial is.
- Also available with RCA type connectors, The MC - SILVER IT Mk II 75 Ohm now fully replaces our discontinued MC - SILVER IT Mk II Coaxial in high quality audio applications as a single-ended (unbalanced) interlink.
With the MC - SILVER IT Mk II 75 Ohm all production handling is done with extreme care and maximum attention is paid to maintain a very constant characteristic impedance along the whole cable as well as in the micro domain to prevent signal reflections even up to very high frequencies.
- The centre lead consists of a 19 strand extreme high grade Matched Crystal (MC) extruded OFC with a very high density extruded Matched Crystal (MC) purest silver coating applied in a mechanical processing.
- The diameter of this centre conductor is: 1.0 mm. and the cross-section area is 0.597 mm². The centre lead resistance is a remarkably low: 28.7 Ohm/km.
- The typical capacitance is: 56 pF/meter.
- The insulation between core and shielding is made of Teflon tape in several layers with a typically low relative dielectric constant of 1.4.
- The shielding is made of a helical wound very pure silver ribbon with external dimensions 2.5 x 0.05 mm.
- An additional braiding made of 192 x 0.10 mm. Matched Crystal (MC) OFC wires with a very dense coating of very pure silver is used.
- The external insulation is made of a special type of HULLIFLEX ®, i.e. HULLIFLEX ® EHD. This specific insulation material is too costly to be used in all our products.
- The frequency range is flat to minimal 15 GHz and within 0.92 dB/meter attenuation even up to 21 GHz. And even at 25 GHz the attenuation is just 1.04 dB/meter.
- The working temperature ranges from -100 to +80 °C (-148 to +176 °F).
- Precaution must be taken to prevent bending over a very small radius. The minimum safe value of the bending radius is 70 mm.
- The external diameter of the MC - SILVER IT Mk II 75 Ohm is: 7.0 mm.; a size that perfectly matches our C - 7.3 RCA type and BNC - 7.0 BNC type connectors.
Packing: depending on ordered length. But.......... with great care and full attention to prevent any damage.
The MC - SILVER IT Mk II 75 Ohm is “ready made” available in any specified length starting from 60 cm.